Friday, May 20, 2005

tell us some secrets, honey, we won't say a word

One of these days, I'm just going to post one word, and let the comments handle the rest; they're far more entertaining than the actual posts themselves. Sadly for all of you, today is not that day.

I'm going to strap a pair on, and brave the writing seminar at 826Valencia on Sunday, fully expecting to do something completely humiliating. I also need to strap a pair of hiking boots on, and break them in on some trails. This will be an interesting challenge, because it's supposed to be ridiculously warm (for the Bay Area) this weekend. San Francisco has definitely seeped into my blood at this point, because I have little tolerance for extreme warmth or cold these days.

There are so many other things to do this weekend that my mind freezes or seizes at even the thought. It's like watching a thousand arrows hurtling towards you at once- what can you do? Where can you run? You hope you are made of air, and that the arrows will simply pass through your ghost. But you know it is not so. So all you can do is brace yourself for the inevitable.

Here's a secret about me: I am absolutely awful at keeping secrets. I can keep secrets for other people; if you tell me something in confidence, I will keep it under lock and key. When it comes to myself, however, I am horrid at keeping secrets. The harder I try, the more likely I am to inadvertently let something slip out. Blogging has become a little frustrating as a result. At this point, I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before I blurt it out matter-of-factly. Dudes, this is getting nauseating- I'm blogging about blogging. Could there be a more banal topic?

Now I must go and fulfil the daydream floating in my head all day- clean my apartment and curl up with two articles on cystic fibrosis. Soy un perdidor much?

No comments: