Tuesday, November 11, 2008

there's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to

A weird thing happened. I couldn't write a post while I was visiting San Francisco. That's weird because if anything ever cured me of writer's block, it was San Francisco. But every time I sat down to write while there, everything that came out was so effusive that it would have provoked mass gagging across the blogosphere (well, in my 3 readers). So I am going to be a little selfish about San Francisco, and just keep it to myself.

So now I am back. I have a few days off before the next whirlwind of schoolingness starts up. I have a gajillion errands I need to get done before classes start up, but I feel more equipped to handle them now. But I can't explain why, or I'll go all mushy pants for San Francisco again.

My classmates are polluting me with horrible writing, by the way, giving me yet another reason to be down on them. The whole class seems to be campaigning to get me to read the Harry Potter novels (please do not give me a lecture about how these are actually good books- I'm actually quite sure they are, but I missed the craze in the beginning, and just never got around to catching up. Perhaps I will at a later date, okay?). One of them handed me Twilight a week before we had finals, and I literally felt gross and disgusted with myself after having read it. Another suggested some other fantasy crazy novel having to do with fire and ice in the title. I can't even remember the name of it, but I sat there listening to the description, wondering if medical school rots people's brains. When we suggest going to see a movie, everyone wants to see the stupidest thing in the theater, me included. Maybe it's the same thing with books, but I just hold them a little more sacred. I think I need to get my hands on some seriously good fiction soon, or I am going to fall into disarray. Suggestions welcome, or in fact, urgently requested.

And now I must, of course, indulge in a little cookie-making.

No comments: