- I know Obama declined appearing because of Hurricane Ike, but a part of me wonders if he didn't get an advanced look at the script for the evening. Obviously, I didn't see the whole thing, but given that most of the clips out there are supposed to represent the funniest parts of the show, um, not so much.
- The digital short was a big letdown.
- If they had put the real Charles Barkley on their Charles Barkley skit, he would have been 10 times funnier than the skit managed to be. That's no joke- one should never try to spoof Barkley really, because you can't out-comedy someone who is an endless source of inappropriate, hilarious quotations. The spoofed version of Barkley made one slightly humorous remark about the 92 Olympics, and I have a feeling they probably stole it from the real Barkley anyway.
- Michael Phelps, and really all sports folks, should not host SNL. There are trained actors who do a crappy job on the show, but the sports people are always a disaster (except for Peyton Manning's United Way commercial, I must sadly admit). They should have sports people make cameos rather than host an entire show.
- They should have just had an entire episode of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler trading barbs as Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. Spot-on perfection. It almost made me wish the real Hillary would come out and give the media a piece of her mind in much the same way. Or lend them a pair.
Anyway. Today, I've decided I can't indulge myself in being completely sick all day. Last night, I made the grave mistake of trying to fool around with baking while being fogged up by a virus- the results were less than spectacular, to say the least. So I'm going to dose up on some DayQuil and try to get cracking.