Wednesday, October 13, 2004

God save the King of New Orleans


New Orleans



Just fooling around here, to see if I know what I'm doing. Truth be told, I'm not particularly tech savvy (which probably doesn't come as much of a surprise, looking around this cavernous blog with very little pizzazz). What's that Roethke line? I learn by going where I have to go. Yes, that's probably apt for me. I really do meander, and I probably rely too much on the subconscious.

Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. When I was much much younger, I used to lay out plans for years in advance, meticulously plotting my every move. But you learn that there is so much that you can't control. And so, the old adage, for all the best laid plans... you know how it goes.

The photo is my favorite from my trip to New Orleans several months ago, mostly because it just seemed so commonplace a sight there. I liked this idea of something that looks proper, except for some pesky detail that just won't cooperate.

Speaking of things that won't cooperate, I'm so glad I didn't watch the Red Sox play last night. I figure as long as I don't cheer on any other baseball teams, I'm not technically being disloyal to my beloved/despised Red Sox.

No comments: