Thursday, October 21, 2004

tap into the water, try to bring my share

I have a tendency to lump MacLachlan's music in the ovary genre, but I have to give her credit for this (click on video for World on Fire). Impressive, truly. Maybe we should make her an honorary Indian ;) .

Read an LA times scathing editorial on George W. Bush, and the words that stood out most in my mind were mental laziness. I am sure it is a phrase that has been used before, but my, is it apt.

Heard about the news in Missouri about the plane crash, while I was listening to these words:
I watch the heavens but I find no calling
Something I can do to change what's coming
Stay close to me while the sky is falling
Don't wanna be left alone

If I am guilty of one flaw magnified more than others, it is my tendency to demand meaning in everything. I can turn something over and over in my mind until I develop a migraine. Some times, I yearn to be able to do something just because. I want to take the path of least resistance for a change, but I somehow never can make it happen. Even during times in my life where it has seemed that I was going along that path, the tried and true path, the safe path, something just will not let me be. It demands more. More than I can handle.

If I am perfectly honest though, I am okay with that. Losing that feeling would be truly a loss of youth and passion. I am reminded of Bellow's Henderson the Rain King, who Adam Duritz shamelessly ripped right off with the following:
I belong anywhere but in between

No comments: