Wednesday, March 16, 2005

with every gem in his pocket, the jewels he has missed

It's been a while since I've talked about anything sports-related, but let me just say, Johnny Damon is a foolio and a half. For two reasons: 1) he appeared on an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (which, come on, is so last year, man), and 2) he refused to cut his hair because he has a book contract that requires him to leave it at its current length. If you're a Red Sox fan, you know the legendary status of Damon's mop. The funny thing is, when I heard the story this morning, I was still a bit drowsy, and thought I heard that it's his contract with the Sox that had this contingency. I'm still not entirely sure that they haven't got some agreement to that effect- if there's one thing you can be sure of among Bostonians, it's faithfulness to sports superstitions.

I realized something today. To quote a really bad movie, "oh my god, I am an assh***!" The phrase 'an embarrassment of riches' and 'jackass with a lack of perspective' keep circling around in my mind. More on that later.

No comments: