Friday, June 15, 2007

book marking, she's so close now

A few random tidbits:
  • Someone on United has a subversive sense of humor. Do you know that time you spend in airplane purgatory, the time between when the plane lands and the doors open, when everyone is scrambling around trying to pry their overhead luggage out and crowding the aisles? Music playing in the background- Don't Stand So Close to Me. Don't tell me that's not pure brilliance.

  • Surprisingly, it is really weird to be back in California (for the weekend). It doesn't feel like home right now. Then again, no place feels like home right now.

  • I have to find a place to live this weekend. This is freaking me out because I do not know anything about the area where I need to live, I don't know anyone who can give me a tip or two about where I ought to live, and it has been at least ten years since I have had to make a decision on a place with such little time to ponder. I need to get better at making snappy decisions, though, so perhaps it will be therapeutic. I just have this bad feeling I am going to wind up living in a van down by the river, if you know what I mean.


And that's about it. Oh, I started reading The Falling Man on the airplane today. I am not sure that was wise. I have been really ripping through books though, so at least this speaks well to my brain starting to come out of the fog it has been in for the past month or so.

No comments: