Wednesday, July 25, 2007

shouldn't I have all of this and

Hey y'all, sorry I have been AWOL. It is not just because I have been buried under boxes and other moving drudgeries (though I have, and then some). It is not just because I didn't have internet access (though I didn't, and now, for the first time ever, I do, at home no less). Most of all, strangely enough, I have not had a whole lot to write. I think perhaps this happens when you are so focused on the present.

Also, who really wants to read about how I'm breaking the laws of conservation of mass, moving from one teeny crackhouse to another yet somehow having too much junk to fit. I find I am too much an extremist. For too long, I hold onto things I do not need, do not want, things that only add clutter to my life. And then, at times like now, I become ruthless and suddenly everything extraneous. must. go. now. But really, who wants to read about this?

I will say one thing. I don't know where anything is, or, in fact, anything about this place, yet it feels like home. It feels like I have a home for the first time in three months, sleeping in my own bed, waking up to the news on NPR, collapsing on my dilapidated couch at the end of a long day. Perhaps home becomes more about routines than location.

Oh yeah, song of the week- due to technical difficulties and ridiculous tardiness, for the two of you that happen to even notice, posting will return to some semblance of normalcy next week, with any luck. I have to qualify everything these days, because I spent so much time just trying to get here that I really have no thought as to what might happen next. And you know what? Though I have never lived my life this way in the past, it feels excellent.

No comments: