Monday, March 19, 2012

if you don't know what to make of it

This song is supposedly played out, because it has been used on various television shows and whatever, but I don't care:



This video is better than a fantasy movie. It makes me imagine there is a world in which you could be hiking along a river and come upon a commune of troubadours who sing you this slice of heaven. The video made me think of home, which I rarely think about, and it made me think of the larger sense of home, and how that word has started to lose its meaning.

Plates keep shifting, everything dynamic, all things transient, nothing permanent. Entropy is the law. Things fall apart, it's scientific. Evolution, inevitable. And even though I write about that all the time, even though I accept it as reality, I don't mind saying (and this seems to be very unhip to admit these days) that I don't care for it one bit.

I got a letter and an email today. The email was from family, said they missed me. The letter was an apology, nearly a year too late. Both were welcome, neither changed how I felt tonight. It seems the only thing constant in life is on the inside, not the outside.

No comments: