Thursday, March 01, 2012

put your records on

Medical training can make you seem bipolar, I suppose. Because you can have a totally in-the-toilet day in which everything goes wrong and patients do poorly and you feel overall horrible about everything, and the very next day, you might be doubled over in laughter about something a patient said (or more likely in reaction to some hilarious story told by a fellow intern, which will only seem hilarious to someone else in the trenches).

I'd imagine that is not healthy, but then, not much of residency is healthy. About the best that can be said about it is that I rarely have much of an opportunity to partake of GG&Ts.

Anyway, now that internship has started to allow me a little time for the mind to wander, I have been listening to a little more music lately. I'm still way behind and sadly probably missing out on a lot of good stuff. But, recently, I heard this song, and every lyric was just the perfect encapsulation of a crappy breakup- not crappy because you didn't want the relationship to end, but just insofar as the manner in which it all went down. I love the lyric I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough. The video is also pretty awesome. Sigh, sigh, sigh, indeed.

No comments: