Monday, February 07, 2005

it's been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruise

Usually don't do these, but I needed something to cheer me up this morning, and Anna set the precedent, so...




You Are 25 Years Old



25



20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.



Well, I certainly didn't need that pick me up because of the Superbowl, because the Pats won. But, why is it that Michael "who?" Chiklis gets to introduce the Pats while Big Willy style gets to announce the Eagles? The Pats never get any respect! On the other hand, I thought of it as a good sign, since those two really resemble the fans of their respective teams well. Chiklis- stocky, bald man who yells 'wicked awesome!' a lot. Will Smith- someone who has started to believe his own hype. Sorry. It's not that I don't respect the Eagles, because I do. I've always liked McNabb, and I think he's going to be unfairly blamed for this loss. And even Terrell Owens, for all his showmanship, really put himself on the line yesterday and made a difference. The Eagles are definitely my favorite NFC team, and they gave the Pats a serious run. But, I've been cheering for the Pats since the days of effing Steve Grogan. And there's something about this particular Pats team that appeals to me- not a superstar in the lot, minimum egos, minimum trash-talking, all about the defense, blue collar dudes. Also, I think this is the last year they'll dominate like this, because losing Crenell is bad news bears for the Pats.

For all that measured talk, I still secretly hoped that one of the Pats would turn to the camera and yell "Suck it, Freddy Mitchell!" Or that Vrabel would suddenly turn to the Philly box and start doing the na na na na na nana- Gettin' Jiggy with It dance when he scored his TD.

Also, if you're not a Pats fan, I could see how you would want to throw up all over Tedy Bruschi. I'm a Pats fan and sometimes he's too much for me.

The only thing I learned from the commercials is this:
  • Ice Cube is the new XXX and Vin Diesel is apparently the new Ice Cube, since he's starring in some Disney movie with little kids.
  • Gruden yells at little kids... and I love him for it.
  • Watching annoying hands-free cell phone guy getting pummeled by an old lady and a convenience store clerk is fun!
P.S. Women who have been cheering for the Pats with the "Tom Brady is so cute!" rationale- you're making my brother's ears bleed, and he's sworn never to date you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic