Tuesday, May 17, 2005

take your time, hurry up, choice is yours, don't be late

By the end of this week, I have to do the following:
  • Find a hostel to stay in while I'm in Cusco.
  • Make a list of all the various things I have not yet amassed for my trip to Peru and the Inca Trail.
  • Cram two weeks worth of work into three days, to compensate for my vacation. This is why I usually don't take this much time off of this PITA of a job.
  • Get at least one package assembled and out the door.
  • Torture myself on my nemesis, aka Stairmaster. I don't understand my lungs- how is it that I can hike 7 miles, but 35 minutes on Stairmaster feels like imminent lung collapse territory?
  • Buy tickets to visit my parents in EBF.
How did I not notice all of these tasks piling up? Procrastination, thy name is... well, mine.

How I would like to complain about all of this, but the fact of the matter is, it's a welcome distraction from thinking about other things- "pray that I may forget, these matters that with myself I too much discuss, too much explain, because I do not hope to turn again". Yep... that's about right.

No comments: