Thursday, February 16, 2006

half of what I say is meaningless


times I even forget to be blue

I don't know, people. I am starting to feel like Bruce Willis back in the day. Remember how, for every Die Hard, he'd follow it up with three Color of Night's? That is how I have been feeling about my blogging of late.

I am, however, happy to report that no tears were shed last night, since I did (albeit at 10 pm) get my act together and do some baking last night. I have not made scones for a few months now, but when I took stock of what was available in the pantry and refrigerator, scones were the best bet. No, it does not frighten me that I had all the raw materials for scones handy. What? You don't have a fresh carton of heavy cream available at all times? No miniature chocolate chips? What if you had a baking emergency?!? You have to be prepared.

Anyway, I think I need to use the psych-out technique I used yesterday on myself more often. For example, I should tell myself that I will burst into tears if I don't clean my apartment this weekend. Let's see if it works.

The bro-seph is a little cross with me right now because I keep teasing him about how he is, to use his own vernacular, all done. This is the phrase he uses to refer to all people who are either married, or as good as married, or have otherwise lost the will to go out and think separately from the joint unit. I used the term on him because he dropped the bombshell on me today that he is going to invite his chiquita on our family torture tour cruise this summer. The image of him bringing her to this reunion with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins has me tickled so much that I could not stop laughing at him on the phone today. He threatened to hang up on me, but I still could not stop laughing. Much hilarity shall no doubt ensue.

As for the usual Wednesday night fare, Lost did not cause me to dive headfirst into depression this week. And there was lots of Naveen. I think he might be the only man that I will permit to cry. Usually, I am vehemently against it. However, I was not sure what I was supposed to make of it. Good thing the US army taught you to torture people in unspeakable ways, since it will come in handy on a supposedly deserted island someday? Um, yeah, not so much.

As for the other show that is my Wednesday night crack, I have only this to say: now there is a waste of the perfectly flawless Iman. I think she & David Bowie might be my idea of the perfect couple.

No comments: