Friday, February 17, 2006

I don't believe in the sun

You know what is ridiculous?
  • When you work at a really great company, but want to quit.
  • When you get accolades for your work, but want to quit.
  • When the accolades you receive for work are inversely proportional to the amount of real, tangible work you actually do. Funny, but you want to quit.
  • When it's raining outside, which should have no bearing on your life or work really, but you want to quit.
  • When you get rewarded generously for your work, but want to quit. And feel depressed. And a little dirty.
  • When you go from just another to a peon to a supervisor, but want to quit.

Anyone want to open up a bakery?

Also, the class I am taking right now is not satisfactory. In fact, it is so unsatisfactory that I sit during lectures pondering whether I should try teaching organic chemistry. After all, I lurve it. Furthermore, I have the necessary distance from it now to be able to explain it to the uninitiated in a coherent language. Or so I would hope.

Then again, these are just part of the many daydreams I occupy myself with, the better to prevent myself from writing my resignation letter. Another daydream is going to be a reality: Spain. Seriously.

No comments: