Saturday, March 07, 2009

I must remember there'll be days like this

Here's an explanation of why I haven't blogged, in the form of a rundown of my extremely uneventful days this past week:

  • wake up
  • put on the kettle- of all people, a white, 22-year old Southern Californian surfer dude finally got me hooked on a morning cup of chai with almond (or soy) milk in it.
  • over a cup of tea, while knitting a sock, I listen to a 45-minute mp3 lecture, convincing myself I am learning something this way while still easing into my morning.
  • suffer through two hours of test-taking, head-banging-against-a-wall, acceptance, and learning
  • shower, dress, try to memorize some random factoids
  • lunch
  • read
  • gym, while trying to dodge phone calls from classmates inquiring about strategies and schedules and wanting to generally compare everything as if this was some sort of clone war
  • dinner
  • one hour of prescribed television, though I've been so distracted that I am only half-watching
  • repeat performance of two hours of test-taking, head-banging-against-a-wall, resignation/learning
  • sleep


Lather, rinse, and repeat. On the one hand, it's working. On the other hand, it's depressing. I get a few five minute breaks in between all of these things to maybe check email or twitter it up, but other than that, my day feels disgustingly regimented. It's weird to be an extremist and yet loathe the extremity of it all. But hey, sometimes you have to suck it up and deal.

One thing that is good is that I am so inside my head right now that I think I will indeed have a bit to write when all of this is through.

No comments: