Thursday, November 18, 2004

a little is really alright

Bad: A music station on my drive this morning that brags "the new music alternative" right before playing 3rd Eye Blind's How's it going to be?... wtf much?

Better: Subsequent change of music station yielded the new Wilco... as that dude from Crank Yankers would say, "Yay, yay, yay!"

Best: People who give seminars or presentations while holding a beverage. I don't know why, but you get so many extra cool points in my book for pulling this off. I had a chem professor in college who would lecture for two hours strong with a ceramic mug of black coffee in his hands. He was not quite as cool as I initially imagined, since he would also walk around while lecturing, inevitably spilling splashes of coffee on his khakis. Still, irrationally, I just like the look of giving a talk while having a cup of something in your hands- it gives this air of confidence and nonchalance that is nice. Of course, if I had it my way, for true amusement factor, I would have people drink martinis while giving a lecture. Now that's entertainment.

No comments: