Wednesday, October 19, 2005

breaking the laws that the signmakers made

Though I really want to write about an elegant example of basic research that yielded applicable value, I am putting it off until tomorrow, because today I am mastering the fine art of procrastination. Also, I am distracted today, and that topic deserves some slight amount of focus that I can't manage to muster just now. More evidence of that can be found at partyben's site, where you can check out a Tegan & Sera mashup that I cannot get out of my head. I have been walking with a ghost for something like 24 hours straight now. Please don't insist.

Today, a coworker was complaining about how hard it is to turn a year older. I have to be honest here- I banish thoughts like these from my head. Birthdays feel arbitrary, but I suppose they are useful for marking time. And time can easily feel like it is slipping away if you do not pay attention. So, I engage in healthy competition. With myself. Every year, I push a little harder, to do a little more. Last time, it resulted in an adventure I never really imagined myself capable of. Topping that is going to be difficult, but I have to try. Suggestions are always welcome. Right now, I've only been able to come up with quitting my job. That doesn't fly for two reasons:
    1- too easy.
    2- too inevitable
Here's a good example of how I can seem a walking contradiction. Last Friday, super swanktastic, over-the-top dining for no reason whatsoever. Today, when I actually have good cause, slumming it up tacqueria style. All I can say is, don't underestimate the joy that accompanies hanging out with a gay bf and consuming a good enchilada.

No comments: