Wednesday, December 07, 2005

by now you know it's not going to stop

When we last left off, the writer of this blog was threatening to maim herself or make career-limiting proclamations to the world. Though it would be much more tantalizing had she actually made good on either of the just mentioned dares, she predictably folded like a cheap suit, sitting demurely while ridiculously long-winded arguments whizzed past her head. She did crack a few snarky remarks under her breath towards the end of the day. She paid for this in some sort of karmic manner by having an allergy attack of massive proportions last night. She now worries that she has some mixture of allergies and the avian influenza (hey, it's the new "I think I'm getting the black lung, Pop"). She also needs to stop referring to herself in the third person, since it is extremely arrogant and annoying.

Yesterday, one pesky individual spilled the beans about my studies to most of the team with whom I work. This elicited a "oh, that's why she so crazy" pitying glance from them, and a flare of terror/anger from me. B*tch, what part of keeping it on the d.l do you not understand? Strangely, the anxiety about this revelation did not last for very long.

I think I am feeling a little burned out. Though I wanted to go somewhere exotic for the holidays (read: anywhere far away), I had to reckon with the fact that a) my family would disown me if I did, and b) I really need to stay here and be productive during my break from corporate slavery. Even though I know that's right and what needs to be done, I am feeling a little double battery, single power about it. Drink, b*tches, drink (um, you have to read the comments from the last blog entry to understand this)!

Which reminds me that I should mention- in addition to the always hilarious ads and maisnon, I got to meet the sweetest little thing this side of the Mississippi on Saturday- Roop. Dude, her blog is named after a phrase from G.I. Joe- what's not to like?

One last thing- funniest conversation during an otherwise mindnumbingly boring day:
Coworker: Oh yeah, Potrero Hill is awful.
Me: There are some parts of it that are nice though, right? By Baraka and Chez Papa?
Coworker: (shrugs, deadpans) Yeah, but you'll still get shot.
Always look on the bright side of life, indeed.

No comments: