Friday, July 07, 2006

over my shoulder a piano falls

Sorry, I still have nothing of substance to say. In some ways, I am still digesting a lot of what transpired during the family cruise- why I felt so suddenly isolated, why I was fraught with all sorts of insecurities that usually do not plague me. But actually, I need to do what I've become increasingly adept at doing- sweeping such questions out of my mind in order to siphon that thought into work I need to do, and do well. For now, it's an unexamined life that I need to maintain. I take comfort in the fact that I've lived under the microscope for such a long time that a year or two on auto-pilot is unlikely to steer me down a dangerous path. Also, there is the whole analysis/paralysis idiom.

Anyway, I dug out this silly little music-related meme thingamajob. The deal is that you have to answer each question with either an album title or a song title (or an artist name, if you really must). Mine are not particularly witty, but I bet you all could come up with better (that sound is the gauntlet hitting the ground):

1) Say hello:
    Let's Dance by David Bowie

2) Are you male or female?
    Just a girl by No Doubt

3) Describe yourself:
    Dissident by Pearl Jam

4) How do some people feel about you?
    All Wrong by Morphine

5) How do you feel about yourself?
    I just don't know what to do with myself by The White Stripes

6) Exes:
    Gone for Good by The Shins

7) Current crush/SO:
    I looked all over town by The Magnetic Fields

8) Describe what you want to be:
    Anything I want by Eve

9) Describe where you live:
    Valencia by The Decembrists

10) What would you ask for if you had just one wish?
    Please please please let me get what I want this time by The Smiths

11) Share a few words of wisdom:
    Live and let die by Paul McCartney

12) Any general advice:
    Someday you will be loved by Death Cab for Cutie

13) Share a favorite pickup line:
    I bet you look good on the dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys

14) And if that doesn't work?
    Why can't I be you? by The Cure

15) Now say goodbye:
    Let Me Go by Cake

None of you are tagged necessarily, but it would certainly be fun from a purely selfish perspective to see how others would respond. I would like to do this same exercise but answer with songs that really answer these questions, i.e the entire song from start to finish captures an answer to the question. But that requires a more thoughtful undertaking than I am capable of on a Friday afternoon.

p.s. In case yesterday's post had left any doubt regarding what an utter geek I am, this will seal the deal. I have been swooning over a Joss Whedon video that's going around the net. I dare you not to swoon!

No comments: