Friday, July 28, 2006

tempted by the fruit of another

Ways to make my friend/coworker RR's head explode:
    RR: Do you know who said "These are the times that try men's souls-"?
    me: (before I've allowed him to finish the that try men's souls part, because I am a jackass) Billy Joel?
    RR: What?
    me: Oh, wait, wait, I meant- Billy Joe Armstrong.
    RR: You know, you could be recruited to topple governments.
    me: Well, I do get a kick out of causing people to froth at the mouth.


Yesterday, I was supposed to have a chat with the boss-lady, dropping hints that I might fly the coop. After confirming with SJM that I only possess an on-off switch and lack a dimmer, I walked into the meeting with no intention of showing her any of my cards. And then, she offered me a promotion.

Ay... my head!?!

No comments: