Thursday, January 19, 2006

still coming up with lint

So as not to make this whole post about a deteriorating show that I can't stop watching, I restrained myself from naming the title- Hit the road, JACK. But seriously, I wasted an hour of my admittedly idle existence, and I am blaming the headache I have had all day today on a hangover from the garbage I subjected myself to last night. I have very little else to say about it. No Eko. Very little Yoda. Barely there Sayid. WTF?!? Give the people what they want, yo!

In other news, the bro-seph defines making dinner as ordering takeout, apparently. I am less than impressed.

I am convinced that a hex has been placed on my kitchen. I am really annoyed with my experiments of late. I think this is the source of a lot of displeasure right now. In a way, I have been on a vacation for the past month. I have not been juggling nearly as many things as I will have to in a few short weeks, and so, it has felt like a temporary calm. I thought this would mean I could spend my time making progress in mixing bowls. Instead, I have only successfully roasted a pepper over a gas flame. Everything else has been a fiasco. I think it's the knowledge that the end of this holiday is near; it is haunting me and stalling me. This does not bode well for my trip to the east coast, which is, after all, the official end of my vacation from reality. I may have to hand out promissory notes, committing to send baked goods at a later date. Grrr.

I have never been excited about a visit to the dentist. Until now. Getting a crown is a two-step procedure. Tomorrow is the second step. This means that I will be able to eat like a normal human being again, and there will no longer be a hole in my tooth. At least until another one of my wimpy teeth decides to give way.

Does anyone know what the rule of thumb is for how much rent one should spend compared to their salary? I am starting to think I might be unnecessarily living in the yuppie equivalent of a crack house.

Seriously, I will find something substantial to blog about soon. Bear with me while my brain impersonates a vacant lot. In the meantime, go to Party Ben, and by all means listen to his mashup of White Stripes and Eric B & Rakim (with a tiny James Brown thrown in for good measure). It's two great tastes that taste great together, promise.

No comments: