Friday, March 24, 2006

everybody get random

I saw this on someone's blog at some point, and I apologize for not referencing it correctly. However, I thought it was amusing, and, okay, an easy way to fill space on Friday. The idea is that you take your mp3 player or iTunes, set it on random and write down the first line of the next twenty songs that play, regardless of embarassment quotient. I added in a rule that all songs where the title of the song is the first line must be excluded. Also, I decided that songs from the same artists should also be excluded (there is one case below that is kind of a duplication of artists, but technically not). So, here are the results:
  1. all I can see is black and white and white and pink
  2. I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off well done, Ashvin
  3. I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great A N N A called the band, Maitri pulled the title
  4. my friend assures me it's all or nothing close enough, J
  5. see the vegetable man in the vegetable van from the coolest mixtaper of all times, Amelie-Freak
  6. it was a cold time, he put the clock in the refrigerator
  7. I'm becoming less defined as days go by another one bites the dust by A N N A
  8. I sit two stories above the street since Saheli laid out the entire plot of the song, I think it's fair to give this one to her.
  9. I can't help but feel a little ill when I think that you might be with somebody else A N N A, of course.
  10. he said I'm going to buy this place and burn it down well done, Ashvin
  11. I think I'm going for a walk now, I feel a little unsteady A N N A astounds
  12. I hope that I find what I'm reaching for the way that it is in my mind for the record, it's The Cowboy Junkies version, A N N A
  13. I don't know what ya heard about me, but a b*tch can't get a dollar out of me oodles, with an assist from A N N A
  14. alone on a train aimless in wonder big surprise, A N N A knows different lyrics for the same thing
  15. I may not always love you A N N A uses her Love Actually knowledge to her advantage
  16. they say there's a sun in the sky are you impressed with A N N A yet?
  17. love, love is a verb A N N A & Maitri, I know this is cheesy and now overused everywhere on television, but once I had a crush on a gay dude, and he introduced me to Massive Attack. So ultimately, the crush was pretty fruitful, no?
  18. there's a saying old says that love is blind seriously, bow down to A N N A
  19. well, someone please call a surgeon who could crack my ribs nice one, oodles
  20. tears on the sleeve of a man and A N N A lends a big loan from the girl zone

And now, the rules for readers- no Googling, b*tches. We work on the honor code. Leave your guesses on which songs are represented above, and I cross them off as you get them right. If you guess ones that I'm particularly impressed with, there will be prizes. Of course, since we work on the honor code here, I will neither reveal which ones I think are difficult, nor disclose what the prize of guessing right will be (at a minimum, it will be bowing down to your greatness). You will just have to trust me. Also, I will not annoy everyone by tagging them. But it would be cool if you tried it too. Consider it a tap on the shoulder rather than a tag.

I am supposed to go out for dinner tonight in one of the parts of San Francisco that I could gladly avoid forever. I know, I know, that would be any part of SF outside of my neighborhood. But really, time is so precious right now that it seems extremely wasteful to spend it on something that is sure to end in me sighing and saying "Frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed." By the way, I can't stop saying that of late, in exactly the b*tchy tone that Michael Kors adopts on Project Runway. Anyway, I am sure my few remaining friends would be less than pleased with me characterizing dinner with them as such a chore, so let me take this opportunity to shut my pie hole. That would be a first.

No comments: