Tuesday, March 28, 2006

the stumbles and falls brought me here

You know what rocks? When you are attending a wedding, and find out the bride & groom-to-be have deliberated extensively over the choice of their first dance song. Normally, this might be snooze-inducing, because how many times can you listen to people kvell between Wonderful Tonight and some Celine Dion tune? However, because the bride is B and she rocks, there have been contentious discussions, with the frontrunners being Ben Folds and REM. The kicker? B suggested Let's Call The Whole Thing Off- hey, B, for the record, you owe me a new keyboard for that email.

You know what does not rock? When you are attending a wedding, you have to look presentable. I think I may have forgotten how to do this. B suggested that jeans and a sweater might not be apropos for a May wedding. When will I shop for a dress? I would estimate 1-2 days before my flight departs, optimistically.

You know what rocks even less and actually really sucks? Arrested Development is no more. Rumors about the show moving to Showtime have been put to rest. Because I had class on Monday nights last year when the show was airing, I missed several of the funniest half-hours on television. Needless to say, I look forward to purchasing the DVDs. It is of little consolation that I will not have to shell out any additional cash to get Showtime.

In other news, A N N A really cleaned up on the lyrical tip, although there are still a few that remain a mystery. One is nearly impossible because the song is obscure. And it's not obscure in that cool way, where I can claim some indie cred for it. It's obscure in that who the hell listens to this kind of music anyway? kind of way. Oh well. I give you all until Friday before revealing the remaining three. It is fun, but when I tried to do it on ads' blog, I realized how difficult it is.

Also, for those of you keeping track, I am still a slob.

No comments: