Wednesday, August 16, 2006

trouble acting normal when she's nervous

Should there be any doubt that I am una persona muy ridiculosa, let me clear it up once again- great Caesar's ghost, I am insane for Muse's Knights of Cydonia. Derivative of Queen? Yes. Way too long to be a modern rock song? Yes. Almost Spinal Tap-like song title? Yes. Kept me from tearing my hair out at least three times in the past two days? Yes, b*tches, yes.

This is why I can never really turn my nose up at anyone else's musical tastes. It's hard to claim you are a music snob when you are positively gleeful listening to a Bohemian Rhapsody rip-off. Of course, I will still be hypocritical from time to time, and get on some sort of musical high horse, because I am also a person who specializes in contradicting herself, constantly.

My poor attempt to cheer up SP about her double-header heartbreak/mugging (a.k.a. I am not the friend you turn to in a time of need):
    "You know what would be really useful right about now? Having your very own Spy Daddy."

Whatever, I still contend this would have been a healthy fantasy to keep her occupied for a while. Really. Been mugged? Jack Bristow will hunt down the perpetrators, make the thugs pay, and will simply give you a knowing, meaningful look the next time you talk to him. Break your heart? Jack Bristow will make The DB regret that with thinly-veiled contempt, and the fear that, at any time, The DB could provoke Jack into shooting him in the face. I don't know, it seems like a pretty pleasant fantasy to me.

Of course, this is coming from someone who threatened to "go all Breaking The Waves" if The Goal amounts to nothing. Yeah, I really have it together, don't I?

Also, everything said here goes double for me. George W. reading Camus makes the baby Jesus cry!

No comments: