Friday, January 07, 2005

the sky is crying and it's time to go home


as sweet as tupelo honey

Proof positive that I really was a grump last night, but at least I was semi-productive. My colleague Richie Rich calls these Pepperidge Farm cookies- I think this is mostly because they have granulated sugar baked onto their tops. I brought him in a bunch of them today. My grumpiness translates to other people's obesity. Yay me.

The moment I had to accept adulthood was when I passed up a $3 drink special because it had Skyy Vodka in it instead of something better. I don't know when I became such a vodka snob. I like to rationalize it thus: my tolerance is not what it once was, so I can be pickier about my drink choices. Anyway, tonight, in the torrential downpour, I'm going to venture out and seal this week with a smooth drink, or two.

My brain is in overdrive this week, and I like it that way. I like it when it feels as though so many thoughts are pulsing through my head that there is legitimate concern that I may be forgetting to record some really useful ones. There's still an acidic pit in my stomach, ulcerating over the future, but I've stopped pondering it quite so much, which has allowed me to consider other things much more at length. The only thing about this type of wave is that I get overly ambitious. I convince myself that I should take on about twenty different things. Experience has taught me to pause and let the thoughts pass by, like standing still in the matrix for a moment. When the force of potential has ebbed a bit, I'll see what's still orbiting around me, and take it from there.

No comments: